How We Do The Gas Cooker FittingThe process of gas oven installation and fitting includes several steps. All of them are important for your safety and shouldn’t be skipped!
- Upon arriving at your property the gas engineer will evaluate and inspect your kitchen to confirm that the existing gas connections work properly, meet all legal regulations and are safe for use.
- The next step is to disconnect the existing cooker and connect the new gas appliance to the existing gas pipe.
- Then the technician will check for any gas leaks.
- When the gas cooker connection is completed, he will test the appliance and confirm whether it’s working properly according to the manufacturer’s specifications and industry standards.
- The last step is to perform a thorough health and safety inspection before providing you with a Gas Appliance Installation certificate.
How much does it cost to install a gas cooker?
|Gas cooker installation||Monday – Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|8 am – 6 pm||6 pm – 10 pm||8 am – 6 pm||8 am – 6 pm|
|Subsequent Half Hours||£51||£60||£60||£75|
*Prices are inclusive of all taxes.
*Gas cooker installation jobs usually take between 1-1.5 hours
Checklist for Homeowners and Landlords Before The Gas Appliance Installation Service
There are several things you, as a homeowner or landlord, should do before our gas engineers arrive:
Check the gas connection
- Do note that sometimes there may not be direct gas supply to the cooker regardless of having central gas heating.
- If you have a dual fuel cooker, make sure the electrical connection isn’t placed right above it but rather within 1.5 metres of your new gas appliance.
- Check if there’s a 13 amp supply within 1.5 metres as gas cookers with ignition systems and times require one.
Check the space
- Make sure that you can provide our gas engineer with easy access to the area where you want your new gas appliance to be installed.
- You have to be sure that your new gas cooker or gas hob will fit into the intended area, leaving enough space at the back and both sides, needed for proper ventilation. You can always check the product specifications and requirements before you buy it.
Inspect the environment
*If you have any questions about the whole process you can always give us a call on 020 3746 3116 and our friendly staff will answer all of them.
- Before the gas cooker installation can take place, you have to be sure there will be no flammable materials behind or around it. For example, make sure there are no curtains, wood, fabrics, or wallpapers around the appliance. In addition, there shouldn’t be any combustible items such as power points, switches, boilers or alarm sensor directly above the cooker.
- We can’t perform the service without someone responsible present at the property. Make sure someone is there on the day of the service to sign for the gas oven installation and to receive the certificate.