Gas Safe Cooker Installation for Your London Home
Gas cookers and gas hobs aren’t as easy to install as their electric counterparts. Especially if you don’t have the right knowledge and tools. If you do it by yourself, you risk invalidating your household or landlord insurance. Here at Maggie’s Oven Services, we offer professional gas cooker and hob installation, replacement and repair services, performed by Gas Safe registered engineers.
All gas engineers must be Gas Safe registered by law. Certified gas cooker installers must always carry their ID card with a photo and license number on it. This card points out which gas appliances the engineer is allowed to install, replace and repair. It’s important to know that it’s illegal for gas technicians to perform private work outside of their company. It’s also illegal to perform gas cooker installation and fitting if you’re not a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Why Choose Our Gas Appliances Installation Services in London?
Below you can find the benefits that come with Maggie’s Oven Services gas installation service:
- Professional service performed by Gas Safe registered experts.
- Gas Appliance Installation Certificate provided at the end of the service
- Safety check before and after the gas installation service
- The gas engineer can install other gas appliances such as hobs, ovens, boilers, and other if needed.
- Need to disconnect and recycle old gas cooker? We can dispose of it upon request for an additional charge.
- The gas experts can perform gas appliance repairs in case of leaks or other damages.
What is Our Gas Oven Installation Price in London
|Gas cooker installation||Monday – Saturday||Sunday|
|8 am – 6 pm||6 pm – 10 pm||8 am – 6 pm|
|Subsequent Half Hours||£40||£55||£55|
|Half Day (4 hours)||£285||£405||£405|
|Full Day (8 hours)||£525||—||£805|
*Prices are inclusive of all taxes.
How We Do The Gas Cooker Fitting
The process of gas oven installation and fitting includes several steps. All of them are important for your safety and shouldn’t be skipped!
- Upon arriving on your property the gas engineer will evaluate and inspect your kitchen to confirm that the existing gas connections work properly, meet all legal regulations and are safe for use
- The next step is to disconnect the existing cooker
- After that, the technician will connect the new gas appliance to the existing gas pipe and make sure that the gas supply is properly sealed and there aren’t any leaks.
- When the gas cooker connection is completed, he will test the appliance and confirm whether it’s working properly according to the manufacturer’s specifications and industry standard.
- The last step is to perform a thorough health and safety inspection before providing you with a Gas Appliance Installation certificate.
Checklist for Homeowners and Landlords Before The Gas Appliance Installation Service
There are several things you, as a homeowner or landlord, should do before our gas engineers arrive:
Check the gas connection
- Do note that sometimes there may not be direct gas supply to the cooker regardless of having central gas heating.
- If you have a dual fuel cooker, make sure the electrical connection isn’t placed right above it but rather within 1.5 metres of your new gas appliance.
- Check if there’s a 13 amp supply within 1.5 metres as gas cookers with ignition systems and times require one.
Check the space
- Make sure that you can provide our gas engineer with easy access to the area where you want your new gas appliance to be installed.
- You have to be sure that your new gas cooker or gas hob will fit into the intended area, leaving enough space at the back and both sides, needed for proper ventilation. You can always check the product specifications and requirements before you buy it.
Inspect the environment
- Before the gas cooker installation can take place, you have to be sure there will be no flammable materials behind or around it. For example, make sure there are no curtains, wood, fabrics, or wallpapers around the appliance. In addition, there shouldn’t be any combustible items such as power points, switches, boilers or alarm sensor directly above the cooker.
- We can’t perform the service without someone responsible present at the property. Make sure someone is there on the day of the service to sign for the gas oven installation and to receive the certificate.
*If you have any questions about the whole process you can always give us a call on 020 3746 3116 and our friendly staff will answer all of them.
Book a Gas Safe Certified Gas Cooker Installation Service Now
We offer services to almost all London boroughs and postcode areas. Don’t hesitate and leave the gas hob installation to our registered engineers. Call 020 3746 3116 now and book your Gas Safe service today.