We know moving houses isn’t easy. It isn’t pleasant nor is it cheap but it’s a must sometimes and doing it properly guarantees safety along the procedure. However, moving for people with different social status is a different experience. Grown up people, with all the important documents we have, all the furniture and the chronic lack of time, often see moving as a complicated and quite unpleasant procedure. The older we become the more expensive our possessions are and consequently the more careful we are not to damage them.
So, how to move expensive and fragile kitchen appliances properly?
There are three main kitchen appliances which need special attention along transit. According to most professionals’ moving checklists these are:
- Washing machines.
How to transport an oven?
Not built in ovens are easier and significantly simpler to move. In consecutive steps the procedure looks like this:
1. Disconnect the appliance from the circuit.
Tip: Be very cautious with the cable of the machine. Many wires are damaged and scorched and are potentially dangerous. Inspect the cable’s condition and then disattach it.
Tip: If you have a gas fueled oven, disattach it from the gas bottle first.
Attention: That’s a dangerous procedure. Most professional movers and gas experts recommend specialists to do it for you in order all safety measures to be taken adequately.
2. Clean the inside of the oven, before moving to transport it safer and not to get dirty along the process.
3. Disassemble the oven by removing all insights which may detach during the transit. Place them all in a separate boxes.
4. Fill the inside of the oven with old polystyrene boxes.
5. Leave the door of the oven installed and tape it with strong tape. You don’t want it to open during transportation.
6. Use bubble wrap to protect the window of the door from cracks.
Tip: Use multiple layers of wrap for the window.
7. Get yourself moving rollers. These allow to be adjusted according to the size of the furniture you move. They also can be handy for future moves.
8. Find people to help you or hire a professional moving company. If you hire professionals for the job, offer them a small bonus in order to get the appliance to it’s destination undamaged. It should be something small like pizza or a pin of beer, but show them your appreciation in some way.
9. Measure how wide the doors of elevators and the apartments are. That information should be available in advance in order for the move to be flawless.
As you can see moving an electric or a gas oven isn’t really very difficult. However, transporting pizza oven is a completely different story:
# 1. Oven cleaning is more important with that moving job. Make sure to cleanse the inside extremely well. Get rid of all the ass, burns and spills. Even Pizza oven boxes get black underneath so cleaning is a must.
Tip: be careful not to damage the pizza stone material by scratching it.
# 2. The same moving rollers will be helpful here too.
# 3. You may use a rope for the transportation. In that case it’ll be extremely important to keep the balance of the oven in order not to drop it.
Moving Tip: Get yourself gloves for the moving. The rope may cut you.
#4. Alternative to the rope is the moving strap.
#5. Packing the oven is also essential and it should be done in the same way as for other ovens.
Of course, all the tips here are for people who decide to move their ovens on their own in order to lower the cost of moving. If you want, you can hire professionals too.
I hope these tips were useful for you. Come again next week when i will write about the different types of pizza ovens, their characteristics, benefits and weaknesses.