Cooking is a bit of an art. It requires style, skills and knowledge. We also have to be well experienced but creative as well. At the end of the day, cooking seems to be a lot more than just a way to prepare food. It can express ourselves. However, as with every other art, it has rules to follow. With them the chances to make a mistake decrease dramatically. One of the rules in oven baking deserts, bread and cookies is to follow the recipe strictly. Another rule applies to the taste. Chocolate and mint is a classical combination which always turns out well, so if you’re not sure what and how to mix, that combination gives you the security you need. You also need well functioning oven and cooker, clean hobs and other kitchen equipment. With all that, you’re ready to cook.
Today i’ll share a recipe for cookies with mint and chocolate.
- two and a half cups of flour
- a cup and a half of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- two cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- baking soda – 1.25 teaspoon
- half a teaspoon of salt
- two eggs
- water – a teaspoon
- three packs of mint chocolate
1. Preheat the oven up to 350 degrees.
2. While waiting cook the sugar, the butter and the water on medium heat.
Tip: For that part of the cooking you only need your hobs so the oven can heat in the same time.
3. Stir until melting.
4. Add the chocolate chips and stir more until melting and mixing properly.
5. Once you have homogenous mix, set it aside and add the two eggs. Stir again.
6. In a separate bowl combine flour, soda and salt.
7. Add the chocolate to the mixture and stir more. Once the dough looks well, cover it and refrigerate it for no less than an hour.
8. Grease your baking tin and order the chocolate balls 2 inches one from another.
9. Throw the tin in the pre-heated oven.
Tip: do not over bake the cookies. You want them crispy and soft.
10. When the cookies are ready, place a mint chocolate on top and wait a minute for it to melt. Use the backside of a spoon to cover the whole top of each cookie with the melted chocolate.
11. Leave the cookies to cool down.
12. Eat them!
Tip: If you want to ease your life significantly, cover the bottom of your oven with foil. That way, if chocolate or grease leaks and spills, you will be able to clean it in a matter of a minute.
I hope you like the recipe. For more interesting articles and recipes join us next week.